I was thinking about this since some of the conquest missions give you two missile frigates to use and having to select fire for both gets annoying in the heat of battle lol.
Or maybe a third option - instead of having a wingman type selector for coordinated firing maybe just another button to use on any kind of ships. Hit the button to "program" which couple of ships to coordinate and then tap to select which target to fire upon. Kind of like the unit program quick select on the bottom of the screen?!
Post by Space Borders on Apr 27, 2015 3:58:30 GMT -5
The bad news:
- So I've been playing CM in attack mode this morning and shortly before destroying the alien HQ the game crashed, very much like Joe described it. Apparently there is a bug somewhere. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce it since, but I can now recall the same thing happening before. Damn! If that is not enough, there is no crash log for this crash. It's not going to be easy to trace this one down I'm afraid. Looking through the code hasn't revealed anything out of the ordinary either.
The good news:
- There is a huge chance that all of the units will receive some totally new voice overs, with a much greater variety of situation dependent responses. Should make the game much more fun.
About the recent features:
- Perhaps we should leave the unit attack programming for another update. Adding new buttons and functionality like that requires lots of testing to verify stability and the game is out there on the App Store, with quite some issues right now. I was really hoping that the next version would be submitted by max, the 7th of May. So let's keep that idea in mind for another update. The reason why I suggested the whole Centaur wingman idea, is that it's fairly straightforward in its implementation and would remove that severe micro-management of those smaller support ships. In essence, you could have a group of 5 Centaurs acting as one.
- Currently I'm working on that "unit report" system. Still need to come up with some ideas for improvement, e.g. give it an expiry time, if the player ignores it. Also want to add a new setting for disabling it.
- Another thing that needs work is the ship configuration dialog. Haven't worked on optimizing the UI layout for all devices yet.
Well there is probably a lot more, so I better just get back to work.
Post by Space Borders on Apr 30, 2015 11:14:12 GMT -5
Been experiencing several crashes today, but found the logs, all with the same issue. It's all related to an iOS8 change that restricts you from doing very specific things too many times, which Space Borders is apparently doing. I think (hope) that I've narrowed it down and fixed it. Have played several hours since the "fix", experiencing no crashes so far.
Speaking of playing it for hours, I tried to play a CM mission with EDF:10% and Aliens:30%. Lost every single time, but the last one was a close call. Maybe there should be a game mode called challenge. No main fleet, no powers or anything. Everything would be assigned by the challenge mission and sparingly, with every ship being super essential for victory and you having to make very careful moves. Wouldn't that fun? No more showering aliens with Ion beams, nukes and missile salvos, just a mission where you have to apply some serious tactics.
I was stuck in this situation for about 15 minutes (see image), just fighting off enemy ships and drones after sneaking around that base. Eventually I was able to take down the base with some missile bomber attacks, but had to move because I needed resources for the Daedalus. After moving towards the next base (one step at a time), suddenly I was faced with two heavy corvettes and a ton of carriers and drones. Had no more mines, no more turrets, no black hole power and my only Crius was totally drained. This was my death sentence. ...but it was great fun while it lasted.
Edit: tried my luck again and this time it actually worked. Two things I had to do: 1 - reduce the usage of time multiplier. You simply miss critical situations. 2 - separate the Daedalus from the remaining fleet to collect resources and allow the bombers safe passage.
Post by Space Borders on May 1, 2015 3:47:56 GMT -5
Hello and welcome to the forum.
The next release is coming really soon (will be submitted within the next week). It's probably not worth going for the last beta, however, you can still sign up for beta testing in general (for future releases and the prequel) here:
Post by Space Borders on May 3, 2015 14:41:44 GMT -5
That would complicate matters. I think in time players will adapt to the new design. It kind of fits the EDF ship design much better in my opinion. The old design seemed "out of place", almost like it was made by a different person.
joe130794: Still no activity on here. I used to have plain images of all the newer graphics and made a few ships with the parts. But can't find them any more. Shame as I loved the new graphics.
Apr 22, 2018 10:55:10 GMT -5
Clinkzbone: Space Borders actually replied to a review on the app store about crashes, so he's still around at least.
Jul 7, 2018 21:55:22 GMT -5
Clinkzbone: That was in Jan tho
Jul 7, 2018 21:55:25 GMT -5
three3pryme: Who knows what happened, maybe he is just working hard and hasn't had time to check in? Should we try contacting him VIA App Store review if that's true then? lol
Aug 12, 2018 10:59:09 GMT -5
Space Borders: Check out the latest announcement! I hope it won't disappoint you too much. It's not all bad news.
Aug 24, 2018 11:30:01 GMT -5
Space Borders: Lot's of new posts here. Sorry that I'm not very responsive atm, but I'm really busy, working almost every free minute I have on HS. Please do not mistake my unresponsiveness for lack of interest but I've been working for 2 years on HS and want it finished
Dec 7, 2018 11:22:04 GMT -5
Space Borders: There will be mode time for Space Borders, once Highway Smash has made it to the App Store.
Dec 7, 2018 11:23:32 GMT -5